merge-2.069 now builds (and passes most of) the test suite

kinke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 26 17:03:39 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 23 February 2016 at 16:52:18 UTC, Dan Olson wrote:
> I'm thinking more the non-embedded platforms, ones that you
> development on and for. Like the Rasperberry Pi. I think those
> will always be easier to bootstrap than to try and
> cross-compile LDC and LLVM.

I was thinking about only cross-compiling the ddmd front-end.
Compiling the C++ parts of LDC and then linking all object files
against a native LLVM on the target platform is surely the
simpler approach.
So all one would need for bootstrapping is a LDC binary on an
already supported platform with an LLVM able to output object
files for the target. And some more CMake magic of course. ;)