Bootstrapping build

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 26 23:04:33 PST 2016

On Friday, 26 February 2016 at 20:01:24 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> On 26 Feb 2016, at 20:16, Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
>> Looks like ddmd statically links against druntime/phobos,
>> probably best for ldc with the ddmd frontend to do the same.
>
> That's certainly the thing to do, but I was more wondering
> about how they are shipping a shared druntime/Phobos, i.e.
> if/how they deal with the path issue for client code linked
> against a shared standard library.

It appears they don't handle it, ie it's up to you to specify an
rpath for shared phobos, as ddmd statically links against phobos
by default:

https://dlang.org/dll-linux.html#dso7

I just tried it out locally and can confirm the additional rpath
flag was necessary, it only built and ran like this with a local
ddmd 2.070:

./dmd/linux/bin64/dmd -defaultlib=libphobos2.so
-L-rpath=./dmd/linux/lib64/ dmd/samples/d/sieve.d