Test results for D on Android/ARM

Laeeth Isharc via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 4 23:47:05 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 04:30:38 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 00:34:19 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
>> Huawei Watch rooted with custom OS (since it seemed easiest
>> way to run an executable via adb shell, and Terminal Emulator
>> is not so usable on that size screen).
>>
>> [...]
>
> Heh, I didn't think anyone would get it running on a wearable
> with Android Wear, good to see D runs fine on there too.  The
> epmap thing doesn't work on all Android devices- see previous
> output in this thread- and I think wifi is working because none
> of the other tests in std.socket assert.

That's v interesting if true, as I had thought it was crippled.
(It might be the custom boot image that is the reason for this -
I would have liked to have try on stock but was just too much
trouble to figure out how to get the executable onto somewhere I
could run it, and pretty hard to control terminal from the watch
- not even an onscreen keyboard comes up).

One case where little D scripts might already be potentially
usable - whether on tablet or wearable - would be to trigger them
via Tasker (and its plugins/clones on Wear).