Profile-guided optimization (PGO)

Johan Engelen via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 10 08:52:45 PST 2016

Hi David,
   Could you have a look at the PR again?
I think it is almost ready for merging. (two FIXME's left that I
hope to address soon)

On Sunday, 13 December 2015 at 13:21:33 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> On 11 Dec 2015, at 1:38, Johan Engelen via digitalmars-d-ldc
> wrote:
>> What do you think about "llvm-profdata"? Should we ship that
>> with LDC?
>
> Yes, we should probably ship it with the binary packages.

I have added llvm-profdata to the repo, and renamed the built
executable to ldc-profdata (it has to be in-sync with the LLVM
version that LDC was built with, and so the renaming prevents
potential name clashing with a system installed profdata version).

> What is left to do before we can merge a first version into the
> main repository? A partial list:
>
>  - Deal with the remaining FIXME comments (at least open
> separate GitHub issues for them), as well as with commented-out
> fragments from the Clang implementation.

I think I will just remove all unused Clang implementation code
(it is related to coverage stuff, which I think we should
implement in a different branch after PGO is merged).

Thanks!
   Johan