Shared library support

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 16 00:17:03 PST 2016

On Friday, 15 January 2016 at 14:46:35 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> What is the state of shared library support across the
> different platforms that LDC supports? What is supposed to work
> currently and what is not?
>
> I seem to be in a perennial state of "try it and see" with
> this, but that makes it hard to tell the difference between
> expected failures (not implemented yet), unexpected failures
> (something's broken) and user error. It would be really great
> if someone who really understand it could give me an overview :)

Only Linux and FreeBSD shared libraries are officially supported
and tested by druntime upstream:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/blob/master/posix.mak#L97

Ldc piggybacks off Martin's shared library work and should
support those two also.  I believe all other platforms are in
various incomplete states, at least as reported by others like
Jacob and Guillaume.