LDC collisions of libs -oq option (Referencing global in another module!)

Smoke Adams via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 3 19:44:54 PDT 2016

On Monday, 27 June 2016 at 16:52:01 UTC, "Smoke" Adams wrote:
> On Monday, 27 June 2016 at 16:42:39 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
>> On 27 Jun 2016, at 17:38, Smoke Adams via digitalmars-d-ldc
>> wrote:
>>> ldc says to look at the -oq option. Google can't find the -oq
>>> option.
>>
>> $ ldc2 -help | fgrep oq
>>   -oq                                       - Write object
>> files with fully qualified names
>>
>>> Works find in DMD. All the files are in different directories.
>>
>> There are several points to be considered/possible
>> explanations here. Could you please post an example command
>> line to make sure we are both talking about the same situation?
>>
>>  — David
>
> -oq seemed to fix the problem
>
> but now I get an linker error and VD range violation crash.
>
> Referencing global in another module!
>
> Of course I have no idea what global or what module all this is
> happening in ;/ Works fine in DMD.

Anyone have any idea about this? It's preventing me from using my
code. I tried dustmite but just got

None => No

object.Exception at DustMite\dustmite.d(244): Initial test fails
----------------
0x00402AEE
0x00442B87
0x00442B4B
0x00442A4C
0x0043122C
0x74B03744 in BaseThreadInitThunk
0x771B9E54 in RtlSetCurrentTransaction
0x771B9E1F in RtlSetCurrentTransaction

This is preventing me from testing my code in LDC. I really have
no idea what is causing the error. It would be nice if the error
messages were more informative. Again, DMD has no problem with
this.