How to track down a bad llvm optimization pass

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 4 02:21:19 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 2 July 2016 at 07:42:31 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> On Saturday, 2 July 2016 at 07:29:47 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>>
>> I was surprised that llvm is just silently doing this, with no
>> warning.
>
> This blog article gives some insight:
> http://blog.llvm.org/2011/05/what-every-c-programmer-should-know_21.html

Thanks for the link, it's very relevant.  I've mentioned these
issues and closed the llvm bug as invalid, as that GVN pass was
only surfacing this undefined behavior.

Leaving aside the optimizer, the unoptimized phobos debug tests
should have caught this, shouldn't they?  I'll look into why
those passed next.