LDC 1.1.0-alpha1 has been released!

Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 15 13:09:35 PDT 2016

On Friday, 15 July 2016 at 16:35:30 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
> A couple of questions:
>
> 1. Is this release already registered with Travis? I would like
> to test my projects there instead of manually.

I just updated the LATEST file. Should be usable now.

> 2. Is @fastmath going to be applied in std.math?

No plans yet.

> 3. Is the ARM assembly for bigint in Phobos master already? I
> don't remember seeing a PR for it.

Yes, it is. The PR was against lts-master. See
https://github.com/ldc-developers/phobos/pull/31.

> 4. Does the D front-end make your job easier or harder?

It depends at which part of the work you look.

Merging the frontend hasn't changed. If there are AST changes
then the LDC code generation has to be changed, too.

Writing and extending the CMake description is now a bit harder
because you have to consider an additional language.

And personally I am developing on Windows with VisualStudio. I
now lost the ability to debug the frontend. Yes, this is really
hard (for me, not for the GDB folks)!

Regards,