Can't manage to build ldc, problem seems to be compiling ldc/runtime/profile-rt/profile-rt-38/GCDAProfiling.c

Andrew via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 23 06:58:32 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 23 July 2016 at 13:11:22 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> On Saturday, 23 July 2016 at 13:02:34 UTC, Andrew wrote:

>>> What OS is used on the cluster?
>>
>> cat /etc/centos-release
>>
>> gives
>>
>> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago)
>
> MAP_FILE is a system #define. Perhaps an extra file must be
> #included.
> Does it work if you change `MAP_FILE | MAP_SHARED` to just
> `MAP_SHARED`?
> (i.e. can it find `MAP_SHARED`?)

That's lovely, thanks very much. With that change it just built.
I only changed it in
ldc/runtime/profile-rt/profile-rt-38/GCDAProfiling.c. Grep found
a couple of other examples in other folders, but I just left
those.

I ran ctest and got the following results (core.time has always
failed on this cluster):

99% tests passed, 3 tests failed out of 751

Total Test time (real) = 1325.92 sec

The following tests FAILED:
          21 - core.time (OTHER_FAULT)
         390 - core.time-debug (OTHER_FAULT)
         751 - lit-tests (Failed)

So should I keep patching it in this way? Is there any better
solution I could help with?

Thanks again for your help

Andrew