huge stack of __dmd_personality_v0 when static libraries are used.

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 5 16:37:16 PDT 2016

On 1 Jun 2016, at 19:27, Basile B. via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> The second is quite un-understandable.
>
> "...src/kheops/canvas.d:(.text.std.typecons.Tuple!(double,
> double).Tuple
> kheops.canvas.Canvas.textSize(immutable(char)[])[std.typecons.Tuple!(double,
> double).Tuple kheops.canvas.Canvas.textSize(immutable(char)[])]+0x1c):
> référence indéfinie vers «
> deimos.cairo.cairo.cairo_text_extents_t.__init »"
>
> Is it possible that LDC does not emit the "cairo_text_extents_t"'s
> initializer for a reason or another ?

Are you including the Deimos modules in the compilation command line,
one way or another? If not, this might be a reason why the initialiser
is not emitted at all.

Deimos used to be intended as a "header-only library" – i.e., no need
to ever actually build the modules –, and I am still very much a
proponent of that idea, but people (Walter amongst them, IIRC) have
recently argued that all modules should always be included in the
compilation.

  — David