How to track down a bad llvm optimization pass

Dan Olson via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 17 08:51:40 PDT 2016

Joakim <dlang at joakim.fea.st> writes:

> Since the update to ddmdfe 2.070, a single assert trips up on
> Android/ARM when running the druntime/phobos tests:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/phobos/blob/v2.070.2/std/conv.d#L5716

Hi Joakim,

Target arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf is doing ok even with v2.071.0 front
end.  Isn't Android essentially the same, but softfp?  Should be able to
change triple and compare IR and see what is different between android
triple (what is it by the way, arm-linux-android?) and gnueabihf triple.
Or maybe it is llvm version?  I've only been using 3.5 and 3.6.2 so far.

I just tried both triples with ldc master of a week ago and llvm-3.6.2.
IR for each is identical except gnueabihf has stuff for shared lib setup
(dso_ctor, etc) which is not in android version.
--
Dan