iOS natively supports thread-locals

Dan Olson via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 18 19:40:51 PDT 2016

Good news!  I just did a simple LDC test of thread locals using vanilla
LLVM 3.8.0 and Xcode 3.7.1.  Targeted both arm64 (iPhone 6) and armv7
(older iPad mini) running iOS 9.3.2.  This paves the way for ditching my
modified LLVM.

Was there an Apple announcement about this?

I am not sure when this came about.  It snuck in sometime between Jan
2016 and the LLVM 3.8.0 release in early March.  I noticed when trying
to cherry-pick my thread-local changes today into a 3.8.0 release and
there was conflict.  Looking at the code, there it was, TLS support.

I think device needs to be running at least iOS 9.0 for armv7 and 8.0
for arm64.  Doesn't work yet in iOS Simulator for 32-bit though.
--
Dan