Status of iOS and Android support?

Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 4 09:31:31 PST 2016

On Friday, 4 March 2016 at 17:01:11 UTC, Jeremy DeHaan wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I was just curious if there had been any news for iOS and
> Android support in LDC. I'm currently working on a first draft
> for a GSoC proposal and parts of it have to do with Android,
> iOS, and LDC.
>
> Are they more or less working? Can anyone point me to where I
> should get started if I want to use those features? If memory
> serves, there was separate branches for iOS and Android
> respectively.
>
> And of course, thanks to the awesome LDC team and contributors.

Hi Jeremy!

The best persons to answer your question are Dan and Joakim. My
high-level view is:

- ARM support is now mature
- Android changes from upstream have been merged
- iOS is still being discussed and not yet merged
- Dan is working on ObjC support

Most development work was done on ltsmaster branch and is not yet
fully merged into master (which happens hopefully soon).

Regards,