Status of iOS and Android support?

Dan Olson via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 4 21:56:37 PST 2016

Jeremy DeHaan <dehaan.jeremiah at gmail.com> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> I was just curious if there had been any news for iOS and Android
> support in LDC. I'm currently working on a first draft for a GSoC
> proposal and parts of it have to do with Android, iOS, and LDC.
>
> Are they more or less working? Can anyone point me to where I should
> get started if I want to use those features? If memory serves, there
> was separate branches for iOS and Android respectively.
>
> And of course, thanks to the awesome LDC team and contributors.

Hi back,

Yes, iOS support is being maintained in an LDC fork right now.  As far
as I can it tell, it more or less works.  It would be cool if you can
use with it and Joakim's Android version too.

Easiest way to get started is to use the pre-built compiler chain from
here:

  https://github.com/smolt/ldc-iphone-dev/releases

Or follow the instructions to build the compiler chain yourself:

  https://github.com/smolt/ldc-iphone-dev/blob/master/README.md

You get a 2.068 based compiler along with phobos.  Once LDC 1.0.0 is
released with 2.069 front end, I'll update the iOS fork.

Take a look at the README.md and if you have questions just ask.  I'd
very much like to help make your project a success.
--
Dan