Compile time macro trouble.

Taylor Hillegeist via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 14 10:13:06 PDT 2016

On Monday, 14 March 2016 at 13:39:41 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On 14 Mar 2016, at 13:14, Kagamin via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
>> For small projects I compile entire codebase into bitcode and
>> then compile it with llc or llvm-lto. This way llvm handles
>> inlining and llvm-lto does even more :) I would recommend it.
>
> More or less equivalently, you can also use -singleobj (which
> is the default when using ldmd2). The only difference might be
> in the tuning parameters of various optimization passes.
>
>  — David

So i think the problem might be something a bit bigger. Not quite
sure yet. I know just enough about the cortex-m0+ to be slightly
familiar. so what I am seeing is disagreement between
dis-assembly of the cortex-m0+ by gcc objdump and the uvision
disassembler.

objdump:
00000552 <_D7MKL25Z410SIM_MemMap7SOTP2_t6TPMSRCMFNdhZv>:
  552:	22c0      	movs	r2, #192	; 0xc0
  554:	43d2      	mvns	r2, r2
  556:	6803      	ldr	r3, [r0, #0]
  558:	4013      	ands	r3, r2
  55a:	0189      	lsls	r1, r1, #6
  55c:	b2c9      	uxtb	r1, r1
  55e:	4319      	orrs	r1, r3
  560:	6001      	str	r1, [r0, #0]
  562:	4770      	bx	lr

uvision:
                  SOTP2_t::MKL25Z4.SIM_MemMap.SOTP2_t.TPMSRC:
0x00000552 22C0      DCW      0x22C0
0x00000554 43D2      DCW      0x43D2
0x00000556 6803      DCW      0x6803
0x00000558 4013      DCW      0x4013