ldc2 --version: "built with D compiler version"

Johan Engelen via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 21 06:19:47 PDT 2016

On Monday, 21 March 2016 at 13:17:16 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:

> It looks like this now:
> ❯ bin/ldc2 --version
> LDC - the LLVM D compiler (febfca):

Btw, the colon at the end of our first stdout line is a little
annoying in pretty printing/parsing the output of `ldc2
--version`. In the CMake script, I use a regexp to match to the
first outputted line, stopping the match on the first \r, \n, or
":". The colon in the regexp is added for LDC's output.

I vote for removing the colon from the --version output.