How do you run dmd-testsuite?

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon May 30 22:36:30 PDT 2016

On Monday, 30 May 2016 at 18:09:41 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> Hi all,
>  As you know, I dislike the dmd-testsuite: I cannot run a
> single test easily, I cannot even run it on Windows, it is
> inflexible, and it is out-of-tree so not tied with
> fixes/features we make.
> Still, it is what we have so I have to live with it.

I didn't try to run it for a long time, because I wasn't sure how
to cross-compile it for Android and wasn't looking forward to
digging into that.  Once I discovered the Termux app for Android
late last year, which comes with CMake and several other common
developer tools, I finally built and ran it natively on Android
earlier this year, with "ctest -R dmd-testsuite$" for the
non-debug version.

> How do you guys run just a single test of the testsuite?

If there are any failed tests, the log spits out the compiler
command run for that tested module, which I copy and pasted into
some files so I can run that test alone, even later on.