How do you run dmd-testsuite?

kink via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue May 31 02:01:52 PDT 2016

On Monday, 30 May 2016 at 18:09:41 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> Hi all,
>  As you know, I dislike the dmd-testsuite: I cannot run a
> single test easily, I cannot even run it on Windows, it is
> inflexible, and it is out-of-tree so not tied with
> fixes/features we make.
> Still, it is what we have so I have to live with it.
>
> How do you guys run just a single test of the testsuite?

For Windows, you need a minimal GNU environment, see the AppVeyor
script and/or the Wiki page.

When interested in a single test, I usually just compile & run
that file, hoping that it doesn't require any additional files
and cmdline flags, otherwise I look up the command line in the
log. It's not ideal but there are worse things. ;)