std.net.curl and ldc v1.0.0+

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 15 15:09:35 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 15 October 2016 at 20:52:05 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> That's not surprising – it only causes the LDC executable
> itself to be linked statically, which shouldn't affect code
> generation. (Then again, the whole bug is rather strange to
> begin with, so it's good to have that ruled out.)

Yes, I wasn't expecting it to make a difference either, but I
thought I'd try.  I wondered if the `-stdlib=libstdc++` option
might also make a difference but again, doesn't seem to (which
again, I'm ultimately not too surprised by, since I would imagine
that on any Debian-based system, libstdc++6 just dynamically
links against libc6 for the C standard library parts.

I guess I could have a go at building using g++-4.9, which
requires a few extra cmake flags to account for the naming of the
GCC executable:

     -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc-4.9
     -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++-4.9

but that runs into a problem related to the build scripts that
looks like it assumes that the GCC executable will always be
called `gcc`:

make -j4
Scanning dependencies of target gen_gccbuiltins
Scanning dependencies of target FileCheck
Scanning dependencies of target LDMD_CXX_LIB
[  0%] Generating ddmd/idgen
[  0%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/gen_gccbuiltins.dir/utils/gen_gccbuiltins.cpp.o
[  0%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/LDMD_CXX_LIB.dir/driver/exe_path.cpp.o
[  0%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/FileCheck.dir/utils/FileCheck-3.8.cpp.o
Error: failed to locate gcc
CMakeFiles/LDCShared.dir/build.make:68: recipe for target
'ddmd/idgen' failed
make[2]: *** [ddmd/idgen] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:141: recipe for target
'CMakeFiles/LDCShared.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/LDCShared.dir/all] Error 2