std.net.curl and ldc v1.0.0+

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 27 15:14:36 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 27 September 2016 at 21:00:03 UTC, kinke wrote:
> Oh this may make things clearer. druntime features C parts, so
> the pre-built one and yours probably differ in the used C(++)
> runtime; the malloc issue also points in this direction. As we
> seem to be using libstdc++, are you sure you're using that one
> too?

That would make sense.  How would I determine whether or not I'm
using libstdc++?

I note that the build scripts for Linux pass cmake a flag:

     -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS='-static-libstdc++'

when I tried this, I had to pass instead:

     -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS='-L-static-libstdc++'

... otherwise I got a linker failure for the ldc2 build with the
message that there was no such option as 'tic-libstdc++' (!).

Since in any case I'm building on Ubuntu 16.04 rather than the
12.04 used to create the prebuilt package, I presume libstdc++
would be a different version (I can't verify exactly which right
now, I'm afraid, as I'm currently away from my computer), which I
suppose could reasonably be the reason for the problem.