Add targets for release binaries? (1.3+)

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 22 04:55:39 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 22 April 2017 at 10:21:05 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> Would it make sense to release 1.3 with more targets enabled
> than the host?
> X86, ARM, AArch64 ?

I don't really think it makes sense for end users, as we would
need to ship the respective standard libraries and a way to
select between cross-compilation targets as well.

That being said, purely from a "marketing" perspective it might
be nice to increase visibility for ARM support in LDC. (Users
might read the -help output or just try to specify a target
triple.)

The primary motivation behind shipping host-only releases was
binary size - have you checked recently how the two build compare?

  -- David