ASan: disabling instrumentation of specific function

Johan Engelen via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 3 13:47:48 PDT 2017

Hi all,
   I just implemented blacklisting of functions for the
sanitizers' instrumentation via a blacklist file (this is what
Clang also provides):
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/2261

But I think it is nice if we also provide a way to disable
sanitizer instrumentation by adding a UDA to a function. For PGO,
back then, I choose to enable/disable profiling instrumentation
through a pragma. However, adding our own pragmas is quite
invasive and touches frontend code, whereas adding a UDA is easy
and nicely compartmentalized.

Any ideas for a name of the UDA? And where to put it, in
ldc.attributes?
Clang has the no_sanitize_address attribute.

Thanks,
   Johan