LTS master CI testing

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 4 20:06:45 PDT 2017

On Friday, 4 August 2017 at 19:02:59 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> Hi all,
>   For LTS master, can we drop the Windows testing?
> I think LTS master only makes sense for being able to bootstrap
> from source. But that's only relevant on Linuxes, right?

Why would the OS matter?  It's so we can port to new platforms by
first building the C++-only ltsmaster compiler with the C++
toolchain for the platform.  For example, if someone picks up the
new Windows on ARM laptops, coming out in a couple months, they
could easily build ltsmaster ldc for it, though the stdlib might
require some tweaking.

> I feel it'd make things easier if we just drop as much support
> as possible, so that we can spend our energy where it matters.

Honestly, I don't care about Windows and don't mind dropping
this, just don't see why it'd only matter for linux.