LDC cross compilation wiki

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 7 08:49:02 PDT 2017

On Monday, 7 August 2017 at 13:34:09 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> Hi,
> While searching for LDC and cross compile, google shows as
> first hit
> https://wiki.dlang.org/LDC_cross-compilation_for_ARM_GNU/Linux
> Which is perfect.
>
> I just wonder whether the details are still valid:
> Llvm 3.8.0
> LDC 1.0
> ARM patch needed?
>
> Could someone with knowledge on this topic have a look?

No, it's outdated and shouldn't be followed.  The next ldc 1.4
beta will support cross-compiling the stdlib for arbitrary
platforms, provided the requisite llvm CPU backend is included:

https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/2253

I'm going to submit a PR so that all the flags there can be
boiled down to two options, OS and arch, for platforms that we
support.  You'll still be able to override anything with custom
flags or configure it yourself for unsupported platforms.

We'll add some docs for all this on the wiki when it's done, and
redirect this page to those new instructions.