How to run lit tests on Mac OSX without gcc?

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 26 09:49:02 PDT 2017

Hi Thomas,

On 26 Aug 2017, at 17:39, Thomas Mader via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> On my system /usr/bin/gcc differs from /usr/bin/clang.
>
> But I just added the gcc dependency as it's needed on all platforms
> anyway.
> Will see if everything is working then.
>
> Thanks a lot to both of you.

You shouldn't need the "real" gcc on OS X – in fact I'd discourage
using it for a package distributed to other people, as it might come
with unexpected compatibility issues.

I've (re)installed quite a few macOS machines with developer tools over
the last couple of years, and every time, both /usr/bin/cc and
/usr/bin/gcc ended up pointing to a Clang wrapper. You might want to
track down what's going wrong.

Best,
David