Testing out the new cross-compilation support in ldc master

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 27 00:49:31 PDT 2017

On Friday, 18 August 2017 at 07:34:04 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> I merged kinke's pull two weeks ago that adds a small D build
> tool which makes it easy to download and cross-compile the
> standard libary for other platforms, so you can easily use the
> official ldc releases for {Mac,Win,Linux}/{x86,x64} as a
> cross-compiler for newer platforms that ldc is coming to, like
> Android/ARM or Linux/PPC.  It can also be used for LTO or
> sanitizer-enabled builds of the standard library, basically
> anything where you want the stdlib built differently:
>
> [...]

Crap, this small patch to omit building core.stdc.tgmath is still
needed:

https://gist.github.com/joakim-noah/d74af3cf1355492557a9c56ef1bf2636#file-ldc_1-3_android_arm-L18

I always apply it so forgot about that until I just tried
cross-compiling the stdlib for Android/ARM with the new ldc 1.4
beta1.  Also, I wanted to get a small PR in for that and to allow
cross-compiling by just specifying the OS and Arch, but I got
side-tracked with other stuff and didn't get that done before the
beta1 release.

Just add that one line to the runtime CMake config when the build
fails, then rerun the ldc-build-runtime command from the wiki
page kinke just added and it should work.