OSX 1.5.0 and 1.6.0: ASan was missing

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Mon Dec 25 22:48:43 UTC 2017

On 25 Dec 2017, at 15:58, Johan Engelen via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
>   I've just updated the release binaries for OSX for 1.5.0 because
> libFuzzer and ASan runtime libraries were missing. They are also
> missing in 1.6.0 package, so I am building those anew too right now.

Did you replace the existing binary files? This breaks any scripts that
verify the archive hashes (brew does, for instance, but they thankfully
build from source). Plus, retconning a released artefact without
changing the version number is considered bad form for obvious reasons.
Could you please put the original files back, and do a point release
instead?

As for the files being missing, not sure how that would have happened
– isn't running 1b-build-llvm-runtime.sh enough to ship them? Either
way, any problems like this should be moot now that releases are
automatically built.

  — David