OSX 1.5.0 and 1.6.0: ASan was missing

Johan Engelen j at j.nl
Mon Dec 25 23:32:40 UTC 2017

On Monday, 25 December 2017 at 22:48:43 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> On 25 Dec 2017, at 15:58, Johan Engelen via digitalmars-d-ldc
> wrote:
>>   I've just updated the release binaries for OSX for 1.5.0
>> because libFuzzer and ASan runtime libraries were missing.
>> They are also missing in 1.6.0 package, so I am building those
>> anew too right now.
>
> Did you replace the existing binary files? This breaks any
> scripts that verify the archive hashes (brew does, for
> instance, but they thankfully build from source). Plus,
> retconning a released artefact without changing the version
> number is considered bad form for obvious reasons. Could you
> please put the original files back, and do a point release
> instead?

I'm sorry, indeed I replaced them :/  I considered the changing
hashes but didn't think people would care, and I made a snap
judgement that a point release would be excessive.
I don't have the original files, so I can't put them back.

> As for the files being missing, not sure how that would have
> happened – isn't running 1b-build-llvm-runtime.sh enough to
> ship them?

It is. Perhaps it was forgotten or the script didn't fully work
back then.

> Either way, any problems like this should be moot now that
> releases are automatically built.

Indeed, 1.7.0-beta1 is fine.

-Johan