ASan blacklist

Johan Engelen j at j.nl
Sun Dec 31 13:10:50 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 31 December 2017 at 12:20:32 UTC, kinke wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 December 2017 at 19:32:25 UTC, Johan Engelen
> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>   I want to add ASan blacklists to our repo as Jon Degenhardt
>> suggested, so we can collaborate on working towards
>> ASan-enabled standard libraries.
>> What would you prefer?
>> Option 1:  create separate blacklists for phobos and druntime,
>> and put them in the submodules
>> Option 2: one blacklist for all, put it in LDC's runtime
>> directory.
>> Option 3: something else.
>
> No strong opinion about this; I think it also depends on the
> number of blacklist entries. I'd expect way more entries for
> druntime; in case there'd be none for Phobos at all, I'd put
> them in the druntime repo.

After thinking a bit more about it, I feel the blacklist should
go into the repo that contains the functions it is blacklisting.
That way, the codefix+blacklist-removal  (or code annotation and
blacklist update from unchecked section to checked) happens in
one commit, instead of two commits in different repos.

Indeed, I also expect that eventually there shouldn't be any
blacklist necessary for Phobos code. So then we'll just remove it.

(btw, I think this should be upstreamed at some point; druntime
and Phobos upstream should have permanent ASan testing upstream
too)

-Johan