LDC 1.1.0 released

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 9 09:34:08 PST 2017

On Friday, 3 February 2017 at 21:45:09 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> It's now published in the `edge` channel.  For people with it
> already installed, `sudo snap refresh` (or `sudo snap refresh
> --edge ldc2` if that doesn't work) should upgrade it for you.
> Otherwise,
>
>     sudo snap install --classic --edge ldc2
>
> ... should install it on an Ubuntu 16.04 system or later.

This has now been updated:
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc2.snap/releases/tag/rev3

The new package uses a fresh build of LLVM 3.9.1 as the backend,
as well as bootstrapping with a fresh build of LDC 0.17.3.

Thanks to Johan's advice I've also enabled LTO support.  This is
definitely an experimental feature -- I'm not 100% sure the
package's LLVMgold-ldc.so plugin will work on systems that do not
have ABI compatibility with Ubuntu 16.04 -- but since the package
is still in the (bleeding) 'edge' channel, I thought it was worth
trying out ;-)

Let me know if you try it out and it works (or fails!) for you!

Thanks & best wishes,

     -- Joe