Disabling http tests for guix

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 4 11:15:09 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 4 January 2017 at 18:40:57 UTC, fredmanglis wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm packaging ldc-1.1.0-beta6 for guix, which does not allow
> for network access when building the package, leading to
> errors, and timeouts when the tests are run.
>
> Is there a way to deactivate such tests, say a flag passed to
> the build system or such? I would be grateful if you'd point me
> to one.
>
> In the meantime, I have had to make use of huge patches to
> deactivate the tests to make the builds pass, which does not
> seem sustainable

Why are you running the tests at all for building a package?

The command

make ldmd2 druntime-ldc phobos2-ldc

will just build the compiler and standard library, along with the
dmd-compatible driver. I assume you are running make alone, which
might run the tests too.  Add druntime-ldc-debug and
phobos2-ldc-debug to the list to get everything that normally
comes with an ldc release.