Disabling http tests for guix

fredmanglis via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 4 22:18:25 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 4 January 2017 at 19:15:09 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> Why are you running the tests at all for building a package?

Well, as a principle, the Guix package manager runs tests while
building the package as part of ensuring that the package was
built correctly. To ensure reproducibility of the builds,
however, the environment set up cuts away anything that
introduces variations, network access being one of the major ones.

As such, I need that the tests are run, otherwise the package
definition will not be accepted (I can't simply cop-out and
disable all the tests).

To be clear, the building phase completes successfully, but the
testing phase fails, and Guix requires that all the stages pass
successfully.