Disabling http tests for guix

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 4 23:06:11 PST 2017

On Thursday, 5 January 2017 at 06:18:25 UTC, fredmanglis wrote:
> On Wednesday, 4 January 2017 at 19:15:09 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> Why are you running the tests at all for building a package?
>>

> Well, as a principle, the Guix package manager runs tests while
> building the package as part of ensuring that the package was
> built correctly. To ensure reproducibility of the builds,
> however, the environment set up cuts away anything that
> introduces variations, network access being one of the major
> ones.
>
> As such, I need that the tests are run, otherwise the package
> definition will not be accepted (I can't simply cop-out and
> disable all the tests).
>
> To be clear, the building phase completes successfully, but the
> testing phase fails, and Guix requires that all the stages pass
> successfully.

I see, do you run all the ldc tests, including the dmd testsuite?
Can you post the patch you're using now, so we can get an idea of
what you had to disable?  I haven't had many problems running the
tests even without network access, I believe they should just
keep going.

This could be pulled upstream, especially since they seem to be
focusing on getting into distros recently:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/o3cdl9$ecs$1@digitalmars.com

Maybe we can get a PR in upstream to selectively disable tests
that error out in your test environment, which other packagers
might want too and might save you the trouble of maintaining a
patch yourself.  Let me know and I can help you with that.