Git "squash and merge"

kinke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 18 01:55:58 PST 2017

I've seen you using it, and I liked it especially for
cherry-picking onto a release branch, as the automatic reference
to the PR (`... (#<number>)` in commit title) makes it show up in
the PR directly.

On Tuesday, 17 January 2017 at 21:44:53 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> So generally, when there is no squashing to be done, I do a
> merge like before. Otherwise a squash+merge.

Similar here, but I like it especially for single-commit PRs, as
having two commits for each of those doesn't make a lot of sense
to me.