Improved snap package for LDC

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 20 14:48:11 PST 2017

On Friday, 20 January 2017 at 22:12:32 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> I don't know anything about "snap" so won't be of much help
> here.
>
> Our bandwidth is very constrained at the moment, so please be
> patient or better: take lots of initiative yourself!  :)

Thanks for the feedback on the PR :-)

Just to be clear: when I asked

> would there be any interest in doing this officially as part of
> the LDC project?

... I'm offering to do the legwork involved.  I'm just asking if
you are happy for me to do it officially in the name of LDC (i.e.
creating a developer account for LDC to publish packages to the
Ubuntu store).  As a first stage I'm happy to do it under my own
name and switch over ownership/responsibility if things take off.

A secondary concern might be whether the `ldc2.snap` repo should
live in LDC's GitHub; again I'd be happy to maintain it there,
but again, happy to keep things in my repo for now if that seems
better to you.