Improved snap package for LDC

Johan Engelen via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 21 02:08:27 PST 2017

On Saturday, 21 January 2017 at 01:18:14 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> Hi Joseph,
>
> On 20 Jan 2017, at 23:48, Joseph Rushton Wakeling via
> digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
>> ... I'm offering to do the legwork involved.  I'm just asking
>> if you are happy for me to do it officially in the name of LDC
>> (i.e. creating a developer account for LDC to publish packages
>> to the Ubuntu store).  As a first stage I'm happy to do it
>> under my own name and switch over ownership/responsibility if
>> things take off.
>>
>> A secondary concern might be whether the `ldc2.snap` repo
>> should live in LDC's GitHub; again I'd be happy to maintain it
>> there, but again, happy to keep things in my repo for now if
>> that seems better to you.
>
> Ah, yes, this sounds good as per my other response.
>
> Moving the repo to ldc-developers (dlang-ldc?) is definitely an
> option.

I'm in favor of publishing the package in the name of LDC (good
to send password(s) to Kai and David, I think).
I'm also in favor of adding the ldc.snap package to LDC's github,
so that it is easier for people to contribute. (contributing
through PRs means making your own fork, and then we end up with a
bunch of forks and no clear "main" trunk)

-Johan