Improved snap package for LDC

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 24 12:17:18 PST 2017

On Saturday, 21 January 2017 at 10:08:27 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> I'm in favor of publishing the package in the name of LDC (good
> to send password(s) to Kai and David, I think).

This touches on an issue I wanted to raise.  Does the LDC project
offer email addresses to its contributors?  If so, would it be
possible for the LDC project to create an email address for me to
use with the Ubuntu Developer login?  One that I'd have access to
but which would be under the project's control?

I ask because while I can obviously create an account using an
arbitrary email address and just share the developer account
password, I'd feel more comfortable if there was an easy path for
other LDC project members to take control of things if I slip on
Berlin's icy streets and wind up underneath a car ;-)

> I'm also in favor of adding the ldc.snap package to LDC's
> github, so that it is easier for people to contribute.
> (contributing through PRs means making your own fork, and then
> we end up with a bunch of forks and no clear "main" trunk)

Sounds good.  If someone wants to set up an `ldc2.snap` repo
there and give me push rights, I'll push a minimal collection of
commits with the basic package definition.