Improved snap package for LDC

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 25 05:49:30 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 25 January 2017 at 00:54:18 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> Unfortunately, we don't have a great solution to this yet. Back
> when it was mostly me "keeping LDC on life support", I tried to
> avoid making any permanent commitments (however small
> monetarily), as I didn't want to burden myself down with the
> project future uncertain. Even though this obviously hasn't
> applied in a long while, we are still without our own
> self-hosted website or email facilities.

OK.  In the short term I'll create an email forward (to which I
can add both my regular development email address and those of
other LDC folks).  In the long run we can no doubt work something
out.

BTW, while I guess this wouldn't really count as "self-hosted" it
seems reasonable to me that the D Foundation might take care of
the logistics of an LDC domain name, website and email addresses.

>> Sounds good.  If someone wants to set up an `ldc2.snap` repo
>> there and give me push rights, I'll push a minimal collection
>> of commits with the basic package definition.
>
> Done.

Great, thanks!  I'll push things there this evening and follow up
from there.