Auto-bootstrapping builds of LDC with DDMD frontend

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 29 14:13:54 PST 2017

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 at 21:29:52 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> Not that I know of.

OK, no worries.  Just wanted to check I wasn't missing something.

> I won't work on it, but perhaps you can add a simple shell
> script that downloads the latest 0.17.x release source and
> builds/installs it ?

Actually I think it's possible to do entirely from within the
`snapcraft.yaml` config file.  Probably the best way is to just
define a 'part' that builds LDC 0.17.x, and then use the result
to build the actual _wanted_ LDC.  It's probably quite
straightforward, just wanted to check if it was necessary in the
first place.