Improved snap package for LDC

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 30 15:54:24 PST 2017

On Thursday, 26 January 2017 at 22:44:22 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> I've uploaded the first version of the package to the snap
> store.
> It's currently waiting for manual review (understandably given
> that its confinement option is quite permissive).  I'll let you
> know as soon as it's published.

The package passed review and is now published to the 'edge'
channel of the snap store ('edge' as in 'bleeding edge').

Anyone on Ubuntu 16.04 or later should be able to try installing
it with:

     sudo snap install --edge --classic ldc2

(you may need to install snappy first: `sudo apt install snapd`)

Instructions for installing snapd on other distros are available
here:
http://snapcraft.io/docs/core/install

If people could give it a spin and confirm that it works for them
I'd be really grateful (I'll be trying it out in a few virtual
machines on different distros later this week).

How official is the v1.1.0 release I see tagged on
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases ... ?  If this is
definitely it, I can update the snap package fairly quickly.