LDC 1.1.0 released

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 31 19:40:42 PST 2017

Hi everyone,

On behalf of the LDC team I am happy to finally announce the
release of LDC 1.1.0, based on the 2.071. It has been in the
making for an uncharacteristically long time, but we hope you
will enjoy the multitude of new features: profile-guided
optimization, better-integrated link-time optimization,
experimental cross module inlining and first Windows DLL export
support; along with UDAs for fine-grained optimizer control (e.g.
@fastmath), a partial object file cache, and of course many other
bug fixes and improvements.

Binary packages (now also including Dub) and the source tarball
can be found on the GitHub release page, along with the detailed
changelog:

https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.1.0

All the binary packages are built against LLVM 3.9.1. The Linux
x86/x86_64 binaries are built on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and should work
on any newer distribution. The Win32 and Win64 MSVC versions are
built with Visual Studio 2015, and shouldn't be expected to work
with any older version.

Note that there were some changes to the command line semantics,
which – although mostly minute – could break some application:
http://forum.dlang.org/post/ubobkfmsspbsmjunosna@forum.dlang.org

Please be sure to report any bugs at
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues, and feel free to
post here in the digitalmars.D.ldc forums for any questions or
comments.

Oh, and stay tuned for a new release soon, now that the LDC
release process has been straightened out and the team has more
manpower again. There even is a pull request open for 2.072.2
already.

  — David