Fully statically linked binary

Jacob Carlborg via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 11 01:14:59 PDT 2017

With LDC it's possible to build a fully statically linked binary using
the "-static" flag. My question is: is it required to invoke the
compiler with the "-static" flag or is it enough to invoke the linker
with the "-static" flag?

I'm not sure if the code generation will be different when doing a fully
statically linked binary. I think I've read somewhere that different TLS
models might be used depending on if static or dynamic linking is used.

This is on Linux (and possible on FreeBSD if static linking works there).

--
/Jacob Carlborg