Supporting LLVM 3.5 and 3.6

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 14 10:31:20 PDT 2017

On Friday, 14 July 2017 at 13:51:39 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> Johan: +1
> David: +1
> kinke: +1
>
> Kay, what do you think? Is dropping LLVM < 3.7 OK for your
> stuff?
>

> On Friday, 14 July 2017 at 12:42:34 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
>> I was going to suggest culling < 3.7 support as well.
>>
>> I'm still toying with the idea of going with a vendored LLVM
>> so we can more efficiently support work like Android, SPIR-V,
>> etc., but for now I guess there isn't really a reason to throw
>> a wrench into the distro packaging process.
>>
>>  — David

>>> Fine with me. Ubuntu 14.04 is still on unsupported LLVM 3.4,
>>> 16.04 already on LLVM 3.8, and SPIR-V apparently not
>>> restricted to 3.6 anymore.

An ancillary request, can someone with an ARM board put up a
native linux/armhf build for 1.3.0?  The last time we did, 1.1.0,
it got 60% of the download count of the Win32 build:

http://www.somsubhra.com/github-release-stats/?username=ldc-developers&repository=ldc

As for llvm, no problem with dropping the old ones.