FYI: Master is now at D 2.074.1

kinke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 28 11:21:39 PDT 2017

On Friday, 28 July 2017 at 17:18:17 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> Nice, been waiting for this.  I'd like to get versions of these
> two Android patches in for the next beta, so the official ldc
> release becomes a full Android cross-compiler, which users can
> just run your new cross-compilation script with to generate a
> cross-compiled stdlib:

Yep, I've been looking forward to having Android support fully
baked in too. :)

> https://gist.github.com/joakim-noah/1fb23fba1ba5b7e87e1a

Wrt. the LLVM patch: We'll most likely use LLVM 4.0.1 for 1.4
(finally on Windows too). If the patch is still required for
4.0.1, we'll probably need to integrate it in our ldc-scripts
[1], so that we can update the Docker image once with that
tailored LLVM. Integrating the patch for LDC on Windows is
probably not worth the effort.

> https://gist.github.com/joakim-noah/d74af3cf1355492557a9c56ef1bf2636

The runtime CMake script patch looks quite straightforward. The
CMake variables are best put into a dedicated
`build-ldc-runtime-android.sh` or something like it, which also
sets `TARGET_SYSTEM=Android;Linux;UNIX` so that Android can be
detected this way for the few special cases [is removing
core.stdc.tgmath really required?].

So there should be no need to compile an additional combined
druntime+Phobos testrunner anymore; cross-compiling with the
script will yield the 2 normal separate testrunners (when setting
the env variable `MAKE_ARGS="all all-test-runners"`). Afaict you
didn't change anything there except for adding `-d-debug`.

I don't know what libnative-activity*.so, the biggest part of the
patch, is; is it required?

[1]:
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc-scripts/blob/master/ldc2-packaging/1-build-llvm.sh