FYI: Master is now at D 2.074.1

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 29 07:55:31 PDT 2017

On Friday, 28 July 2017 at 23:36:21 UTC, kinke wrote:
> On Friday, 28 July 2017 at 21:16:18 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> On Friday, 28 July 2017 at 18:21:39 UTC, kinke wrote:
>>> Integrating the patch for LDC on Windows is probably not
>>> worth the effort.
>>
>> Why not?  It's small and only affects ELF TLS.  It would be
>> nice for the Windows release of ldc to also work as an Android
>> cross-compiler, to be used with the Android NDK for Windows.
>
> Alright, then the MSBuild script will need to be adapted too:
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc-scripts/blob/master/ldc2-msvc/RELEASE.proj
> GNU tools like patch can be assumed to be available.

I'll rework my llvm patch so that it's enabled by a flag, which
would then be flipped by ldc when passed the Android triple, and
submit PRs for ldc and the packaging ldc-scripts for linux.  It'd
help if you then simply applied the llvm patch in the same way
for that MSVC build, as I don't have a Windows machine to test on.

On Saturday, 29 July 2017 at 09:20:55 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> On Friday, 28 July 2017 at 23:36:21 UTC, kinke wrote:
>>>
>>> Why not?  It's small and only affects ELF TLS.  It would be
>>> nice for the Windows release of ldc to also work as an
>>> Android cross-compiler, to be used with the Android NDK for
>>> Windows.
>
> By chance I was this week wondering wheter it is possible to
> cross compile android applications from Windows.
> It seems 2017 is the year of D. Every week there are fantastic
> news.
> Thank you all for your great work!

Heh, thanks for your docker image and other work getting the ldc
cross-compiler going on Windows.  We may need you to test out
this cross-compiler for Windows.  If you're comfortable building
llvm and ldc from source, you may want to try it with my llvm
patch now and see if it builds on Windows and all the tests pass
on Android, by following the linux instructions on the wiki but
using the Windows equivalents.

Otherwise, we'll try it on Windows later with the beta.