DMD, LDC, shared objects, rpath

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 21 14:19:44 PDT 2017

On 20 Jun 2017, at 18:44, bachmeier via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 June 2017 at 15:27:37 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
>
>> Indeed – if you are after full platform support, LDC is probably
>> the compiler of choice.
>
> Does LDC now have support for Windows shared libraries? If so, I must
> have been doing something wrong when I failed.

As far as I am aware, no compiler has seamless support for DLLs right
now (see e.g. Benjamin Thaut's talk from last year's DConf). If the
current half-baked DLL support is harder to use from LDC than from DMD,
it's certainly something that can be fixed quite easily – the question
is just whether it's worth it.

  — David