LDC 1.2.0-beta1 has been released!

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 23 23:19:34 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 23 March 2017 at 16:05:55 UTC, Radu wrote:
> On Saturday, 18 March 2017 at 08:39:31 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
>> [...]
>
> I tested a bit 1.2.0-beta1 as a cross compiler for ARM. Good
> news is that basic stuff like "hello world" works. Really good
> news, at least for me, is that all this was done on Windows
> Linux Subsystem [1].
>
> Unfortunately all good news ends as soon I try something more
> involved, like:
> =======================================
> import std.stdio;
>
> void main()
> {
>     try
>     {
>       throw new Exception("darn!");
>     }
>     catch(Exception e)
>     {
>       writeln(e.msg);
>     }
>     writeln("Hello world!");
> }
> =======================================
> I get:
>
> Fatal error in EH code: _Unwind_RaiseException failed with
> reason code: 9
> Aborted
>
> The machine I'm running this on is an ARM926EJ-S rev 5, and the
> ABI used is ARM, EABI5 version 1 soft float.
>
> Any idea what might be wrong here?
>
> [1] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/commandline/wsl/about

I have no problem when either cross-compiling or natively
compiling that code for Android/ARM, by using the llvm triple
armv7-none-linux-android with ldc 1.2.  What llvm triple are you
using?

It could be that the ARM exception-handling code isn't right for
your ARM platform/ABI, as we had similar issues on other ARM
platforms till Dan fixed them:

https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/1283