LDC 1.2.0-beta1 has been released!

Radu via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 24 11:36:32 PDT 2017

On Friday, 24 March 2017 at 17:22:31 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Friday, 24 March 2017 at 08:11:15 UTC, Radu wrote:
>>>
>>> I tried a couple of things
>>>
>>> ldc2 -mtriple=arm-none-linux-gnueabi
>>> -gcc=arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Did a small test in C++ using the gcc cross compiler and
>> exceptions are working with the same ABI and cpu name and arch
>> as the ones I got with ldc. So eabi version is not an issue
>> here.
>
> OK, looking up that CPU now, it's an old ARMv5 core, whereas
> we've tested on ARMv6 at best.  If you want to use ldc for
> that, you may need to help port ldc/druntime to those older
> embedded cores.

Yes, I would very much like to get ldc to run on those cores -
they are used on a lot of industrial controllers. My goal is to
put D based software on those controllers.

Good news is that some basic stuff works so there is some
incentive to try to get the rest of the missing parts running.

Please let me know how I can help, mind that I'm not versed in
LLVM/LDC nor ARM low-level stuff - but if instructed on where/how
to do stuff I can hack around my way.

Also, I added a bunch of useful details on the bug you posted
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/2024

Cheers,

Radu