Profile Guide Optimization on LDC2 -emit-llvm

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 27 05:33:04 PDT 2017

Hi,

On 27 Mar 2017, at 8:28, Prasun Anand via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> clang is able to generate .bc files that creates report by adding an
> option -emit-llvm.

-emit-llvm causes Clang to emit bitcode instead of object files, and
LLVM IR instead of textual assembly. The LDC equivalents are -output-ll
and -output-bc, respectively.

I don't think I have used the report you mention myself, so I'm unsure
how it relates to that – could you give an example or a link to the
corresponding Clang documentation?

  — David