Fedora and library name

Russel Winder via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue May 2 11:24:37 PDT 2017

On Tue, 2017-05-02 at 19:13 +0200, Mike Wey via digitalmars-d-ldc
wrote:
> On 05/02/2017 08:56 AM, Russel Winder via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> > I need some data to (hopefully) win an argument…
> >
> > Some time back (the period and version number is part of the issue)
> > on
> > Fedora, the LDC package used to use the name libphobos-ldc.so
> > whilst
> > the very same version of LDC on Debian used libphobos2-ldc.so.  At
> > that
> > time, I put in a special exception in the ldc tool of SCons to
> > cover
> > this. It's ugly.
> >
> > I now see that the LDC package on Fedora uses libphobos2-ldc.so the
> > same as Debian (and I assume everyone else).
>
> I don't know when Fedora switched, but Archlinux uses liblphobos2.so
> ;)

This could be an Oh #### :-(

So when compiling for shared object usage on Arch you have to use the
command line options:

-shared -defaultlib=lphobos

instead of:

-shared -defaultlib=phobos2-ldc

It seems then that no-one using Arch is using SCons working with D.

Is there any way of getting CI on Arch for a person who uses only
Debian and Fedora?

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk